Make a Submission
Submission will trigger an auto-email confirmation.
If you do not receive the email, check your email spam filter and allow the sender.
Before You Submit (for articles and essays)
Style Sheet and Formatting (for articles and essays)
- You have read the “Before You Submit” page about how to write effectively for the journal, or the "Guidelines for Writing Book Reviews".
- The article adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Style Sheet and Formatting or "Guidelines for Writing Book Reviews" (including double-spacing and page numbers).
- You have determined which section of the journal you are submitting to.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in the "Comments to the Editor" field in the online submission form).
- Artciles includes an abstract (150 words maximum); you will be prompted to also paste the abstract into a separate field. One page "Teaching Tactics" and Book Reviews should be submitted WITHOUT an abstract.
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
The blue field at the top of that page contains links to:
Make a new submission
View a pending submission
Authors are required to register or login to begin the 5-step submission process.
- Choose which “section” you’re submitting to (Sections of the Journal)
- Confirm the “Submission Requirements.” (These requirements are listed in the “Checklist” above.)
- In the "Comments for the Editor" textbox, please provide a brief sentence or two describing your teaching context; you may add any additional comments as you see fit.
- You will be prompted to "Submit As . . . " - please select "Author."
- You will be prompted to agree to the "Privacy Statement."
- Then, save and continue.
2. Upload Submission File(s) (opens in a pop-up window)
- Identify whether the file is a “manuscript” or “other” (perhaps a photo or charts that accompany the article)
- Upload the manuscript
- Review (upload additional files if necessary)
- Confirm (closes the pop-up window)
- Save and Continue
3. Enter Metadata
- Abstract (150 words) Please also include the abstract at the beginning of the manuscript as well
- Add additional contributors (as needed)
- Add keywords
- Click on “Finish submission”
5. Next Step
Submission will trigger an auto-email confirmation. If you do not receive the email, check your email spam filter and allow the sender.