Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another publication for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- Citations are not required but, when necessary, follow the latest edition of The Chicago Manual of Style. All notes should be footnotes (not endnotes). Where available, provide click-ready URLs for the references. Include a cover sheet with author's full name, affiliation and/or qualifications, and contact information.
- The text is in Microsoft Word format; 1000-2500 words; single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
If images are to be included in the article, please:
• Determine if inclusion of the image fall within an exception to the Copyright Act, such as Fair Use. If not, then permission must be obtained or an alternate image selected.
• Provide full attribution or citation for the image, including a title (if appropriate), the artist, etc. If the image came from a web site, also include the URL.Attribute credit (how the company wants it done)
• If the image is licensed through Creative Commons, include the Creative Commons license (e.g. CC-BY-NC) with the attribution or citation.
• If you believe the image is not copyrighted (e.g. in the public domain), please alert the Editor when submitting your column.
• If permission for use of the image has been obtained, please provide the Editor with evidence of the permission.
Theology Cataloging Bulletin (TCB) is an open access serial publication of Atla and published under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial License (CC-BY-NC 4.0) license. https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/legalcode.
Material reproduced from the Library of Congress is in the public domain and is not subject to the Creative Commons license. Authors of the “Testimony” column grant Atla an exclusive right of first publication, display and distribution and retain all other rights.